Veronica Roth’s Divergent


     Okay, so everywhere I go, all I ever hear is ‘Divergent ’ this ‘Divergent’ that. All I have to do is turn around and someone at school has this book in their hot little hands. And would you like to know why dear reader? Mmh? Its because… this book is… friggin AMAZETACULAR that’s why. (Yes I did just put the two words amazing and spectacular together, its what I do.)                 
      From the very first paragraph, this book had me intrigued, just because it said that the heroin could only stand in front of a mirror on the second of every third month. It made me laugh thinking about my sisters who spend just about every free moment they have in front of one.
      Like ‘The Hunger Games’, ‘Divergent’ is a dystopian society series. In this book Beatrice, (better known as Tris) learns that even though she’s grown up her whole life learning how to forget herself and help others, there comes a time when you have to ask yourself,” am I happy?” if the answers a no than its okay to turn it into a heck ya! And not feel bad about it. She also learns that, it takes courage to stand up for someone no matter how much it may frighten you.
      ‘Divergent’ takes place in Chicago and it’s closed off from the rest of the world. The thing with that is, no one knows what’s going on outside of their borders or their faction for that matter. This society has broken up into five different factions. Each faction decides your beliefs, jobs friends, and all that good stuff. Until you turn the appropriate age, you stay in the faction you were born into. Once you turn sixteen, you will attend the Choosing Ceremony, where you will choose the faction you want to spend the rest of your life in. your choices are between; Abnegation, the selfless. Candor, the ‘tell it to you strait’ honest. Erudite, the smarty pants. Amity, the hippies. Or my personal favorite, Dauntless, the brave and the bold. Of course you always have the choice of living factionless on the street… But, to each his own.
      ‘Divergent’ is one of those, ‘Oh my gongala I have to read that again and tell the world about it’ sort of books. (Which I did and still do.)
       This book is full of twist and turns and dips, it’s a ride that you never want to get off of (and if you do, its only to read the next book.) it has an amazing heroin who has awe inspiring friends and has adventures to last anyone a life time, full of drama, romance, secrets, betrayal, and what ever else you can think of.  The best part is, this is only the first book in a trilogy. There’s still ‘Insurgent’ and ‘Allegiant’ left to read. Veronica Roth has made me realize things about myself I’ve never even thought of. ‘Divergent’ has emphasized how important it can be to be different. I couldn’t agree more.


0 comments:

Post a Comment