The Name of the Star

     Holy cheese-nuggets, that was the craziest/creepiest book I have ever read in life. Okay for the record, I'm not easily scared, especially in books. Maureen Johnson's 'The Name of the Star' had me want to keep all the lights on and check under everything before going to bed. I mean, it probably didn't help the fact that I had all the lights off, sitting in my closet reading, but... whatever.                          

     So not only do you the struggle of living in a new place, but you also have a murder on the loose mimicking the Jack the Ripper murders all the way back from 1888.Just like all that long time ago, no one can solve the mystery of who's killing these people. The crazy part is, there are cameras everywhere and the police know where and when these murders will take place. To make the welcome wagon even better for Rory Deveaux (currently from Louisiana, now living in London, England) has spotted the murderer. Who by the way, knows she saw him. The bad thing about that is it’s like she's crying wolf because she's the only one who can see him. 

    
     This book was unbelievable. If you're into chilling, edge of your seat, I'll be late to school/work if I don't put this thing down mysteries this one is for you. I'd give this book 8 out of 5 stars just on the fact alone, Ill still have goose bumps. What more could anyone ask for?

0 comments:

Post a Comment