The City of Bones

     Have you ever fallen in love with a series and you know it's true because after years of reading you're now patiently waiting the sixth and (excuse me while I wipe away my tears.)
Final book. My all time favorite series is...the 
Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare! Yahhh!!!   I've read each book about 3 to 6 times if not more. Now some might ask," Isn't that a bit much?" My response, "Absolutely." But I couldn't care less. Like William Gerhardie said," If a book is worth reading at all, it is worth reading more than once."      

     The first book is called 'The City of Bones'. Fifteen-year-old Clary Fray's life changes when she witnesses three teenagers murder someone but soon realizes she's the only one that can see them. They call themselves Shadow Hunters and the thing she witnessed them killing wasn't even human. After meeting these mysterious Shadow Hunters (aka Nephilim), Clary's mother is kidnapped. Trying to rescue her mother, she teams up with these Nephilim, all the while trying to figure out why she can suddenly see creatures ranging from demons to pixies. She comes to find on this search for her mother that her whole life has been a lie.

      I love this book, the reason being… its magical. The way Cassandra Clare writes, it feels like everything that’s written is real. Like there really is a race of Shadow Hunters sworn to rid the world of demons and naughty down worlders. 'City of Bones' draws you in and never lets go. The characters come alive and you can relate to them. There's Simon Lewis who's Clary's best friend and as nerdy and mundane as you can get. There's Clary herself who's shy at times but rises to meet whatever or whoever gets in her way. You cannot forget Alec and Isabel Lightwood, brother and sister and polar opposites but have each other’s backs while protecting the ones they love. Then there's Jace Wayland who every girl can't help but fall for. (There are no words to describe this guy.) 

     This book is so detailed, you feel like you're right there fighting demons or laughing at something Jace or Simon said. I've always wanted to live in a world where all the stories were true and Cassandra Clare makes it possible. She is and will always be my favorite author. I recommend this series because it has something for everyone. Please read it and I would love to hear what you think. I'll have something up for 'The City of Ashes' very soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment