East by Edith Pattou

     In Edith Pattou's 'East', Rose's mother is very superstitious. So when her daughter was born, she was terrified. Since then, she kept her daughter's unusual birth a secret hoping to keep adventure-seeking Rose from leaving home. But when a humongor size talking white bear comes to the door asking for teenage Rose to come away with it and in return promises to keep her family healthy and prosperous, she agrees.

     Rose travels to a distant and mysterious castle that’s hidden inside of a mountain. Every night when she goes to bed, a stranger in the middle of the night sleeps next to her and disappears by morning. Finally discovering who she shares a bed with, he's soon taken by the troll queen "East of the sun and West of the moon." an impossible place but she's determined to find him and has an adventure of a life time.


     First off, if a talking polar bear came to my door asking me to go with him, I'd most likely go in a heartbeat. This was a magical book, full of surprises till the very end. I read it to my sisters and they enjoyed it as much as I did. Since I've read the book, I've been wondering what it would be like to travel "East of the sun and West of the moon."  

0 comments:

Post a Comment